To use this trick, you need to be in an Administrator account. You also need to have a BMP file of the image you want as the logon wallpaper. If your image is of any other format, you can save it in BMP format using MS Paint.
Now that you have the BMP file, follow the steps given below.
- Click on Start.
- Click on Run.
- Type "regedit" without quotes in the dialog box and press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop from the left hand pane.
- In the right hand pane, double click on the value Wallpaper.
- In the Value Data option, enter the full path to the BMP file you want to be your wallpaper. Example: For a file named image.bmp placed in Windows folder, type "C:\WINDOWS\image.bmp" without the quotes.
- Double click on Wallpaper Style in the right hand pane, and change its value to 2 to get a stretched image.
Once the changes are applied, each time you start your PC , you will see the log on wallpaper. To undo the trick, simply delete the address to your image in Step 5.
P.S: I have my photo as the log on wallpaper. What is yours?