To use this trick, you need to have a bmp file. If your image is of any other format, you can save it in bmp format using MS Paint or Irfan View(To download Irfan View, visit 5 Essential Freewares for your PC).
Now that you have the bmp file, follow the steps given below.
- Click on Start.
- Click on Run.
- Type "regedit" in the dialog box without quotes.
- Navigate to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop.
- In the right hand pane, double click on the value Wallpaper.
- In the Value Data option, enter the full path to your bmp file you want to be your wallpaper. Example: For a file named image.bmp placed in Windows folder, type "C:\WINDOWS\image.bmp" without the quotes.
- Double click on Wallpaper Style, and change its value to 2 to get a stretched image.
Once the changes are applied, each time you start your PC , you will see the log on wallpaper. To undo the trick, simply delete the address to your image in Step 5.
P.S: I have my photo as the log on wallpaper. What is yours?